The city of El Monte is helping out low-income single mothers by giving them a monthly guaranteed income.
Single-mothers who are interested in the Guaranteed Income Program can now apply to be one of the 125 women who will get $500 a month for one year. Applicants must:
- live within El Monte city limits
- be a single women head of household with no spouse or partner present
- have children living within the household between the ages of 0-17
- have an income at or below the federal poverty level
- show need for financial assistance
- must show documents verifying school enrollment, proof of residency, proof of income and government issued ID
Applications will be taken up to April 15th and those who are eligible to be in the program will be chosen in a drawing, which selects 125 female head of households to receive the monthly payments. To learn more about the application head to the city of El Monte's website. For more information, click here.